Cosmetic tattooing is not a new thing, but it most certainly has improved over the last couple years and has become a growing trend among women.
If you are someone who simply doesn’t have the time to be doing their makeup and getting a cosmetic tattoo is something that you really want to try, the first thing you need to do is find a trustworthy and highly rated cosmetic salon in your area. What you want is an effortless natural look and not be scarred for life; you want something people won’t even notice because it’s done tastefully. The easiest way to find a good place near you that offers permanent tattoo procedure is by looking online; this is also a great way to read testimonials from people who have had the procedure done at the same place.
But before you book your appointment, let’s go over all the benefits as well as all you need to know about the procedure so you can make an informed decision.
- It is not done with a traditional tattoo gun, but with a small, pen like instrument. This is done quickly by a professional who has been trained to do so. The tattoo will eventually fade and will need touching up every so often.
- There is no set amount of time when it comes to how long it will last as there are a lot of factors that can weigh in. Some of these factors include the pigment used, the density of the pigment, UV lighting, tanning and your overall health. Touch ups are usually required every 18 – 24 months.
- There are no set prices, checking with your local beauty clinic will give you a rough idea. You should not go to someone just because they are cheaper and always make sure to check reviews as well as the work they have done before.
- Some people who may benefit from a permanent tattoo include those who don’t have time to apply makeup, people who need to look polished everyday, people who spend a lot of time outdoors, people suffering from hair loss, people who have bad eyesight and cannot apply makeup and people who are always in a rush.
- The procedure is not a very long one and will often take between 1-2 hours depending on what you are getting done. This timing also includes the consultation and drawing on any shape that will then be gone over with the pen like device that contains the pigment. The tattooing itself usually takes between 45-60 minutes.
- It is also not as painful as you might think it would be. Of course, it might not feel the same for everyone but there are certain things you can do to minimize the pain if you are worried. Most people who are getting their lip line or eyebrows done, will apply numbing cream before hand and those who are getting eyeliner should drink a painkiller a while before going to the appointment.
- It can eventually be removed with laser tattoo removal if you change your mind, but this is not recommended. It usually takes more than one treatment and you will need recovery time, that is why it is always best to go in knowing that it is permanent.
If you have any concerns or questions you should always ask the beauty technician before going through with the procedure.